The Nordic NMVOs has jointly published recommendations on how pharmaceutical companies, wholesalers and pharmacies best handle a recall or withdrawal through the EMVS to further add efficiency, quality and value to the supply chain as well as strengthen patient safety.
The European Medicines Verification System safeguards the supply chain and patients from falsified medicines. When the systems functionality is handled correctly the EMVS also adds security and quality to the supply chain by preventing withdrawn or recalled packs from reaching patients without causing unnecessary disruptions in the distribution.
Recall and withdrawal in NMVS – Nordic recommendations
The Nordic NMVOs govern the national medicines verifications systems in the Nordic countries:
- DMVO – Dansk Medicin Verifikation Organisation
- e-VIS – e-Verifikation i Sverige
- FiMVO – Finnish Medicines Verification Organisation / Suomen Lääkevarmennus Oy
- ICEMVO – Icelandic Medicines Verification Organisation / Lyfjaauðkenni ehf
- Nomvec – Norwegian Medicines Verification Organisation